Rules of Archery at Society Meetings.
- Bows will be of a traditional or ethnic type either Longbows, American flat bows, Recurve bows, Asiatic bows, Yumi bows, Mongol bows or other historical ethnic bow types.
- Compound bows will not be allowed
- Traditional historic wooden bodied cross bows will be allowed
- Bows used at society meetings will not have sights,rubber band sights, stabilisers, pressure buttons, draw length clickers or arrow retainers.
- Arrows shafts will be of wood only.
- Cane or reed arrows are allowed if used with an appropriate ethnic bow.
- Thumb rings are allowed if used with an appropriate ethnic bow
- Fletchings will be of natural bird feather only.
- Bodkins and medieval style arrow heads are allowed
- Other arrow heads that are historically appropriate to the arrow shaft and the bow will be allowed
- Cross bow quarrels will be made of wood
- Crossbow fletchings can be of leather or other historically appropriate materials
- No mechanical arrow release aids will be allowed.
- Competitors will at all times follow the instructions and requests of the meeting organisers
- Competitors will vacate the shooting line as soon as all arrows are loosed
- Competitors will shoot only from the designated shooting line or shooting area
- Competitors will not loose arrows over the heads of other competitors
- Competitors will not interfere with other competitors equipment
- Competitors will not loose arrows deliberately into unseen or dead ground.
- Meeting organisers reserve the right to remove any competitor for inappropriate or dangerous behaviour.
- Competitors will at all times act in a courteous and respectful manner to all other competitors.
- Society meetings shall consist of single or mixed target types.
- Targets can be Straw Bosses, 3D foam, Stakes, Wands, Popinjay masts, Marks or any other target appropriate to traditional types of archery.
- The number of targets or marks at each meeting will be at the discretion of the meeting organisers.
- The number of arrows loosed at each target or mark shall be at the discretion of the meeting organisers.
- Scoring will be scores of 12, 7, 5, and 3.
- Prizes will be awarded at the discretion of the meeting organisers.